Monday, May 21, 2018

Laws Hall Time Capsule


Big Day, Today! A small gathering of administrators and contractors met this morning to remove a time capsule from the cornerstone of Laws Hall.  After resting behind the wall for 56, the contents were finally revealed.

It was  tough work to crack open the soldered-shut box, but it served to build the anticipation.
      "If the ghost of Lydia Laws comes out I'm gone," someone joked. Turning to me, "I like you so I might save you."
      "As long as it's not bones, I"m good," said another.
      "Yeah, right! It's the campus turtle or something."
      "There's a snake in there!"

But of course the findings were a lot more mundane. No snakes, bones, or ghosts. Found within was an Echo publication, Hornet newspaper, commencement program, Baccalaureate program, course catalog, and a program for the dedication of Laws Hall. While I'm disappointed by the lack of trinkets or personal notes, I had a good day. The excitement was a reminder of why I love my job.  From one day to the next, I never know what adventure may come.






No comments:

Post a Comment