Thursday, January 18, 2018

DSU Documentary released


UPDATE: Unfortunately, the documentary has been removed from YouTube. However,  you can still catch the film on PBS (Channel 12 and 512 Philadelphia). It will air as follows:

February 16th, 5 p.m.

February 18th, 2:30 p.m.

February 19th, 
5 p.m.


ORIGINAL POST:

I have exciting news for the Hornet community! Over a year ago, the Delaware Humanities Forum commissioned a documentary to be produced by my good friends at 302 Stories Inc. The project was initially spawned in recognition of the university's 125th anniversary and serves to examine the struggles and growth of this university during that time.

The film heavily features archival photographs that were taken from the university archives.  I am so proud of the work that has been done by my predecessors, my fellows, and myself that made this project possible.  Without having exhaustive collection descriptions for photographic materials, I would not have been able to facilitate this project with the ease that I did.  Thank you to all who played a vital role in the development of this repository!

Having seen the final product, I hope you will agree with me that the archival holdings featured are a credit to this university and were displayed in a beautiful, and compelling manner.  Many congratulations and thanks to Jeanne and Mike at 302 Stories for telling our story.


No comments:

Post a Comment