Monday, March 27, 2017

NEH Feature

Hello Everybody!

Happy Spring! It's been some time since I last gave you an update regarding the progress of the archives. The year 2017 started out fairly quiet because the grant projects were concluded, and the archives is settled pretty well into the new exhibit and storage space. In fact, I felt a little like one of the many critters hibernating for winter.  I stayed close to the collections and spent most of my efforts processing in my office.

But I'm on the move again and will soon have many more activities to report! For now, I thought I'd pass along a link to a National Endowment for the Humanities feature. Today the NEH published the following article about the photograph preservation project started under the first generation of archivists, Emily and Cale, and completed last spring by Dan and myself.

I take significant pride in the work that was done on this project.  I think there is yet some way to go before the project can be declared totally done and the finding aids finished. Nevertheless, the processed photographic collections have proven to be invaluable to the campus community and the public.

Thank you to the NEH for featuring the University Archives!

https://www.neh.gov/divisions/preservation/featured-project/50-states-preservation-delaware-state-university-in-dover-delaware

No comments:

Post a Comment