Thursday, January 21, 2016

Farewell

As my time at the DSU's Archives comes to end, it is time for me to say farewell. The past few months have been a struggle but also a blessing. Being a full time graduate student and having a part time job plus this internship is a lot to manage, but I have learned so much! Processing collections, creating finding aids and uploading photographs onto CONTENTdm are skills that I know will take me far in this field.

Despite being a Delaware native, I did not know much about Delaware State University. At the end of my internship, I must say, I am quite impressed. After processing the Middle States Association collection, the Hornet Student Newspaper collection and some personal collections donated to the archives by alumni, I have had an inside look at the university's history.  To see the obstacles the university has overcome along with its growth is something special.

This opportunity was not only a huge learning experience but a great way for me to network and meet some amazing new people.  Everyone I encountered was extremely knowledgeable and had a willingness to help me become more successful in this field.

As much as I am excited to finally get some days off, it saddens me that my time is over.  From the bottom of my heart I would like to give a huge THANKS to Joy and Dan!!!! You guys are great and wish you the best!

See you later DSU!
Yours Truly,
Jasmine Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment